These are merely observations mixed with facts that I probably just heard or read somewhere and now consider as my own thoughts. I’m not sure. This is Dirty Cult’s 100th post and 100 random facts about pop culture sounds like a good way to celebrate such a dumb milestone. Ready? Here we go.
1. Near the end of the movie Mean Girls Lindsay Lohan says “I know this song!” referring to “Built This Way” by DJ Samantha Ronson. They went out for a year, and then she was devastated when Samantha broke up with her last summer. I think she dumped her for Shane Oman. Can someone confirm?
2. Tina Fey and Amy Poehler have been friends for ages. They started out in the same improv troupe in Chicago almost twenty years ago before getting picked up by Saturday Night Live
3. Lana Del Rey literally means The King’s Money
4. Lana Del Rey, Lindsay Lohan and Lady Gaga had a sleepover one night. Collaborations were talked about.
5. Azealia Banks dropped out of high school and no one really cared
6. Ryan Gosling played Noah in The Notebook because he looked average and approachable, not because he was sexy and debonair.
7. Britney Spears actually sang live during her performances when she was younger
8. Rihanna smokes a lot of pot and has the magical powers to roll blunts on top of someone’s head during music festivals
9. The creators of Iron Man had no idea that their franchise would become such a huge monster. It was all just luck
10. Lady Gaga wrote “Telephone” for Britney Spears, but she didn’t want it
11. Ke$ha is a video girl in Katy Perry’s “I Kissed a Girl”
12. Katy Perry’s artistic name used to be Katy Hudson, but no one cared. Same way no one cared about Lizzie Grant or Stefani Germanotta.
13. Taylor Momsen, from Gossip Girl, also auditioned for the lead role in Hannah Montana
14. Kristen Stewart slept with the director of Snow White while they were on the road promoting the film. Coincidentally, she had a film called On the Road competing at the Cannes Film Festival around the same time. It was about sleeping with a bunch of guys on a road trip. Cool parallels, huh.
15. Disney lost $200 million with John Carter. The director is never getting another Hollywood job ever again.
16. Mariah Carey records all her songs 47 times. Then, she looks for the best bits in every version and builds a master track little by little, piece by piece.
17. Nobody likes working for P. Diddy
19. Paris Hilton and Nicole Richie have known Kim Kardashian for a long time. Kimmie had very strong feelings about their fame so she did “whatever it took” to also become famous. Did you think it was a coincidence that they both have sex tapes? No. This was some Gossip Girl shit or something like that. The difference is the media found out and people actually cared. Now all these sluts are famous. Thanks for making their dreams come true, America!
20. Kurt Hummel’s character (in Glee) was written specifically for Chris Colfer because they are basically the same person
21. Hillary Duff wrote a novel
22. Snooki is not even Italian-American. She is Latina.
23. The Chick Fil-A marketing guy died of a heart attack when Dan Cathy came out against gay marriage
24. Sharon Needles’ boyfriend, Alaska, auditioned for RuPaul’s Drag Race four times and never got in. Sharon auditioned once and won.
25. Most cases on shows likes Dr. Phil and Judge Judy are totally fake and scripted from beginning to end
26. Most movies based on a true story are only 1-5% true
27. Azealia Bank’s “212” is about Nicki Minaj
28. The two main characters in the movie Thirteen, Evie Zamora and Tracy Freeland, turned into vampires for Twilight and True Blood respectively.
29. Scarlet Johansson sings
30. Ellen DeGeneres has interns whose job is to delete negative comments from her website
31. Nicki Minaj is not a registered voter
32. Gretchen Weiners is the voice of Eliza Thornberry
33. Lindsay Lohan’s third album was never released because they thought no one would buy it due to her heavy partying
34. Being featured in South Park makes your cultural relevance official
35. Blake Lively wanted the writers of Gossip Girl to kill her character, but they were afraid to fail like the OC did when they killed off Mischa Barton
36. People like Taylor Swift and Justin Bieber purposely end their relationships so they can write good songs and sell them to you for money. And you pay it. Over and over. Until the end of time.
37. Andrew Ranells’ character in The New Normal is the show-runner of a Glee-type show named Sing. He is basically a mirror image of the creator of both shows, Ryan Murphy.
38. Lindsay Lohan believes she is Marilyn Monroe reincarnated
39. Snoop Dogg believes he is Bob Marley reincarnated
40. Madonna follows the Kabbalah but exploits Christian symbols in her music
41. Nobody uses the Birthday Song in movies because it costs a lot of money to get the rights for it
42. Most Disney villains are actually not that evil. The problem is no one looks at their backstories
43. Some of the most annoying sequels are made for the new generations to become familiar with classic works. Star Wars is a good example of that. I read rumors that Casablanca 2 is being talked about
44. Artists don’t make any money from record sales
45. Presidents are also pop stars
46. Most celebrities don’t even know they have a Twitter
47. Vinyl is not coming back. One days CD’s will also disappear.
48. Santa Claus was created by Coca-Cola
49. I did not confirm any of the aforementioned facts
50. There is no way I can come up with 100 things at once.
51-100. Hollywood is a joke, kinda.